- http://runningbrothers.com/category/the-running-brothers-movie/ – The now world famous Running Brother’s is up on our website. We had to break the movie into two parts. David Archuleta even wanted to audition for the next Running Brother’s movie. We told him we’d think about it. The movies have received wide acclaim by critics everywhere and has reached almost 450 views on www.youtube.com.
- http://runningbrothers.com/category/our-heroes/ – This month we interviewed two new heroes, Greg Hardesty, who works with my father at The Orange County Register and Peter Engwall from auggiesdad.sweat365.com.
- http://runningbrothers.com/1009/joined-up-with-some-new-runners-rocky-duran-and-chris-sydow/ – Rocky Duran and Chris Sydow joined The Running Brothers team. We ran for several miles together and are planning on running together a lot more often.
- http://runningbrothers.com/1003/we-went-and-bought-new-running-shoes-saucony-progrid-ride-3s/ – We decided we needed to buy new running shoes and headed to A Snail’s Pace in Brea. We were helped by the friendly staff on hand who set us up with our brand new running shoes.
- http://runningbrothers.com/category/rocky/ – Rocky wrote three amazing posts this month. “I’m Back” announced his return to The Running Brothers blog after a mini-hiatus. “Novelty Running” focused on his obsession with shopping for useless gadgets. And “Melt Downs and Blow Ups” asked our heroes for their favorite racing experiences.
- http://runningbrothers.com/category/events/los-alamitos-race-on-the-base/ – We completed our series on the 2011 Los Alamitos Race on the Base where we discussed the race, our preparation for it and how we felt afterwards.
- http://runningbrothers.com/971/pacific-electric-bike-trail/ – We took a leisurely bike ride along the Pacific Electric Bike Trail, find our opinions about it here.
- http://runningbrothers.com/1057/mystery-challenge-2/ – I posed the second installment of our Mystery Challenge Series to Rocky. He has no idea what the mystery challenge will be, but everyone is welcome to join us for the mystery challenge. If you would like to participate you won’t need to run, bike or swim, although you can if you want to. Please contact Zeb if you want to get in on the mystery challenge.
- http://runningbrothers.com/1027/exotic-animal-siting-on-a-run-through-chino-hills/ – Running in the week before the Orange County Marathon I came across my favorite animal, a Zebra, in my hometown. It’s amazing the things you can see when you run, bike or swim around a city.
We started the month by completing our first half marathon and ended the month by completing Rocky’s first sprint triathalon. We also wrote some killer articles . . . here is the best of the best for February.
- After some rigorous planning, Rocky pulled off his Mystery Challenge for Zeb without a hitch. Zeb had no idea that he would be running his first half marathon. Not only that, but it was at The Rose Bowl. The link will take you through our Rose Bowl Half Marathon Mystery Challenge, http://runningbrothers.com/category/events/the-rose-bowl-half-marathon/.
- Although the series is not complete, this will give you a taste of our preparation for Rocky’s first triathalon, http://runningbrothers.com/category/events/los-alamitos-race-on-the-base/
- We signed up for our first marthon, the OC Marathon on May 1, we announce it in the following article, http://runningbrothers.com/571/pot-committed/
- One of the greatest things for us is getting new people to join us in our adventures . . . Here are a few suckers who thought they could hang with us, http://runningbrothers.com/553/we-got-some-more-suckers-to-run-with-us/
- Valentine’s Day is a day for romance and wooing. The Running Brothers are experts at wooing women. See how they celebrated Valentine’s Day by clicking here, http://runningbrothers.com/680/the-running-brothers-celebrate-valentines-day/
- For a lot of people swimming is easy, and for others, not so much. Read about Zeb’s first experience trying the flip turn, http://runningbrothers.com/613/the-flip-turn-attempt-1/
- Zeb got a new bike. Thanks Chris Carlson for the bike, we got it in prime operating condition. We hit some snags along the way, but now I have a sweet ride, http://runningbrothers.com/604/my-newer-bike-part-2/
- An informative piece designed to help increase your chances of success when dieting. http://runningbrothers.com/685/keep-a-photo-diet-and-succeed/
- Zeb has managed to keep up his New Years Resolution and is running, biking and swimming more than 65 miles a week. http://runningbrothers.com/category/zeb/ironman-training/
Thank you for following us, it has been a great experience so far and we’re hoping that it only gets better.
It’s officially been our first full month online and I wanted to do a sort of roundup of our accomplishments, best stories and the new friends we made along the way.
We ran in San Luis Obispo, we got attacked by a bear, we listened to Pandora, we stretched together, we biked together, we ran together, we did a photoshoot, we fixed up an old bicycle, we broke a fixed up bicycle, we visited the Beach, we rode our bike past the home of the Angels and the Ducks, and our inbox was flooded with spam.
Before I started this training, the longest distance I had ever ran was 3 miles, the longest bike ride was 12 miles and my longest swim was 200 meters, all of which I did last year on Los Alamitos’ Race on the Base. By the end of the month I had traveled more then 136 miles. My longest run is now 6 miles, my longest bike ride is 43 miles and my longest swim is 2.5 miles.
We had an amazing Christmas Photoshoot in our matching track outfits. Everyone really seemed to love them and I can’t blame them. The pictures are nothing short of amazing. Click here to see the best of the best of our Christmas Photoshoot, http://runningbrothers.com/category/christmas-photoshoot/
We interviewed Mitch Roberts from www.mitchr.sweat365.com, here is his interview, http://runningbrothers.com/300/our-first-hero-mitch-roberts/
We interviewed Steve Ference, http://www.vivamovement.blogspot.com/, here is his interview http://runningbrothers.com/473/our-second-hero-steve-ference-from-viva-movement/.
We added some new running partners:
- Devin Miller
- Donald Lindsley
- Dusty Miller
- Erin Rogers
- Lindsey Miller
- Michael Nunez
- Sydney (Dummy)
We added some new heroes as well:
- Michael J. Rodriguez
- Liz Boers-Maynard – email@example.com
- Shelley – www.seashell.sweat365.com
- Steve Jaros
- Greg Hardesty
- Peter – www.Auggiesdad.sweat365.com
- Jimmy Wilson
- Holly Jaros
- Dana – http://www.facebook.com/enduramoms
- Rebecca Joslin – http://on.fb.me/MissTriathlon
And although we have always considered these people heroes, we always want to make sure to thank them.
- Chris Carlson (Thanks for the bike)
My favorite post thus far was a five-part series, Zeb and Rocky’s Big Adventure, about our bike ride from Corona to the beach. If you would like to read about our adventure click here, http://runningbrothers.com/category/zeb-and-rockys-big-adventure/.
Rocky’s favorite post was his article about Pandora, titled Pandora Shame, http://runningbrothers.com/208/pandora-shame/. Oh, how shameful!
January has been a great month for The Running Brothers. Thank you so much for following our adventures.
We are always looking for people to join us in our adventures. If you are interested, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, follow us on Facebook, Twitter and our RSS feed located at the top, and comment on our posts.
And because you have been so good, we have added a bonus Christmas photo . . . for your viewing pleasure.